2. Although it was good to see him fulfil his dream of playing in Manchester United colours – white with blue trim!
3. Albert Riera looked an excellent signing for Liverpool. Just what they have been lacking – a winger to take players on, get round the back, and put crosses in.
4. Lucas Neill’s midweek target practice worked well. He got himself on the scoresheet.
5. Good to see Titus Bramble back to form with his own-goal against Sunderland.
6. Howard Webb very nearly undermined the Respect the Ref campaign by forgetting to send Nemanja Vidic off for two bookable offences. That’s the way to get yourself as well-respected as Graham Poll.
7. Rory Delap’s long throw is a dangerous weapon, but surely a Premier League defence which knows it is coming should be able to deal with it? Someone needs to take it by the scruff of the neck – mark the thrower, don’t block your keeper, put men on the line if you don’t fancy your chances of dealing with it.
8. Robinho gets to take free-kicks at Manchester City. He probably wouldn’t have been able to for Chelsea – it’s a long way round Frank Lampard to outmanoeuvre him in the run-up!
9. Great to go back to the old school with Wests Brom and Ham. Giz a sponsor, mate!
10. John Terry should be getting his red card revoked very soon. I am not JT’s biggest fan, but that was never a sending off.