As our American cousins are gorging themselves on huge portions of food (even more so than normal days), here are some things we are thankful for…
1. Turkey. Thankfully now he has stepped down as Arsenal captain he can go get stuffed.
2. Foreign sugar daddies who bankroll our clubs with scant regard for words like ‘recession’ or ‘credit crunch’ and won’t bail out until the bubble bursts.
4. Americans who accept that the Premier League is the Premier League and will always be the Premier League, and has never been called – nor will it ever be called – the EPL.
5. Half-hourly updates from Joe ‘Clubcall’ Kinnear who was once going to not talk to the media.
6. People who click our adverts.
7. Viral videos – the world would be a duller place without them.
8. Overachievers – Hull City, Stoke City, Hoffenheim, Curzon Ashton.
9. Adrian Chiles.