2. Harry Redknapp will be receiving the freedom of Tottenham soon at this rate. A stunning turnaround at White Hart Lane by ‘Arry and a fantastic win against a team that was top-of-the-table.
3. Perhaps Comolli should be invited back – his summer signings don’t look so dodgy under a new manager!
4. Rory Delap is Stoke City’s saviour. As I mentioned on Saturday, he can take the credit for 12 of the Potters’ 13 points so far this season.
5. Arsenal have problems. A third defeat of the season, and once again against supposedly inferior opposition. Definitely not title-winning form, and not even Champions League form if they don’t buck-up their ideas.
6. It was a terrible weekend for Newcastle United, and they haven’t even kicked a ball yet. Wins for Tottenham, Stoke, Bolton and Wigan have left them bottom of the table and in need of three points against Aston Villa tonight.
7. Nicolas Anelka still knows how to make the art of goalscoring look very, very simple.
8. Hayden Mullins should be credited with a goal and an assist after setting himself up with his own mishit against Middlesbrough. Well done if he is in your fantasy team!
9. Jamie Carragher doesn’t score many goals, but that was an important one on Saturday… for Tottenham that is!
10. If Hull had completed their comeback against Manchester United you could have pencilled them in for a Champions League place. Instead they had to learn that their Premier League fairytale isn’t always going to have a happy ending this season.