2. This season’s Arsenal side might just be the most frustrating side in history.
3. Nicolas Anelka should definitely have gone into my fantasy football team. It looks like Le Sulk could be in for his best season since he was a wispy-moustached teenager at Arsenal.
4. Good to see Titus Bramble back to doing what he does best – costing Newcastle points!
5. Heurelho Gomes is just like Paul Robinson except he makes more mistakes and isn’t as good at shot-stopping. Take a bow, Monsieur Comolli.
6. Vedran Corluka will probably be reporting for training with a nasty bout of shaving irritation today.
7. There is nothing to choose between Chelsea and Liverpool. Is this the Premier League title race or a Champions League semi-final?
8. Fabio Capello is probably wishing he had named Danny Welbeck among his England kids to face Germany after watching that stunning strike.
9. Howler of the week: Tal Ben Haim’s backpass to Joe Hart/assist to Daniel Cousin.
10. It was a good weekend to score against your old club. Just ask Geovanni, Titus Bramble, Yakubu and Simon Davies. Gael Clichy preferred to score against his current club.