1. Vedran Corluka has escaped the razor for a few more days at least.
2. Arsenal are not going to win the title, but hopefully they proved to themselves and their critics that they are not a poor time – just poorly mentally equipped for games they ought to win.
3. Joe Kinnear, on a lesser scale to Arsene Wenger, will also be telling his side that it is pointless winning games against bigger teams (Aston Villa) if you are going to slip up against lowlier opposition (Fulham) a few days later.
4. Manchester United’s title credentials will not be given the same grilling that Arsenal’s have received, but they were pretty poor against the Gunners. Sir Alex will be looking for an instant reaction to get things back on track.
5. Gianfranco Zola should punish his players this week. Some vindictive training sessions are in order. Conceding three goals in the last five minutes against Everton was criminal.
6. Robbie Keane is capable of scoring Premier League goals for Liverpool. West Brom might not be the most formidable opposition in the league, but expect his brace to give him the confidence boost he needed.
7. Fairytales can’t always last forever. Defeat at home to Bolton will be a big reality check for high-flying Hull.
8. Paul Robinson showed us what we already knew. He is a great shotstopper but prone to massive errors. He – or any other Premier League keeper – should not be getting beaten by deflections from 18 yards out.
9. Nicolas Anelka is in a bit of a purple patch for the Blues. His goals could prove to be vital this season come the final reckoning.
10. Darren Bent is a changed man. The no-hoper on Juande’s bench is suddenly Harry’s freescoring hitman.