2. Robbie Keane is capable of becoming a regular goalscorer for Liverpool.
3. Hull must have had a bit too much turkey on Christmas Day. They were abysmal against Manchester City.
4. Half-time team-talks on the pitch don’t necessarily have a massive impact.
5. Manchester United will be delighted to have ground out a win against Stoke after their tour to the Far East.
6. Everton will also be happy as their makeshift strikeforce continue to hold the fort well in the absence of recognised strikers.
7. I cannot decide whether Newcastle are really unlucky or whether Joe Kinnear has anger management issues. Maybe both.
8. Wayne Rooney was lucky not to find himself in big trouble again.
9. West Ham need to use their 1-4 thrashing of Portsmouth to get their season back on track under Gianfranco Zola.
10. Nicolas Anelka is not the only Chelsea striker capable of grabbing a goal. Didier Drogba’s first league goal of the season should give him a confidence boost, even if it did come against West Brom.