Five conclusions Premier League 28 January
1. Liverpool – this is January: the time of year when genuine title contenders go on a nice little run to blow the opposition away. Three successive draws against Stoke, Everton and now Wigan ain’t going to help matters.
2. They should stop the slump by selling Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres, and replacing them with Mohamed Al-Fayed. Selling their best two players and replacing them with an overpaid fat Egyptian worked wonders for Wigan.
3. Things are looking pretty bad for Newcastle. They are on a terrible run, Michael Owen is now injured and they are set to lose Shay Given to Manchester City. And Craig Bellamy scored against them.
4. Robin Van Persie got the Gunners out of jail with this stunning strike. It is starting to look like Wenger’s side are actually battling Everton for fifth rather than Aston Villa for fourth.
5. It is a good job Blackburn fought back at home to Bolton to grab a draw. At 0-2 down, Big Sam Allardyce was poised for a suitably big portion of humble pie after some of his pre-match comments.
Video spotted on 101GreatGoals