Five observations on the Chelsea situation
1. Chelsea fans don’t seem to be too sad over Big Phil Scolari’s dismissal. As you can see, they have given the news a four out of five stars rating on Chelsea’s official website!
2. I wonder if Roman Abramovich is regretting dismissing a certain Special One. For was it not the Greek philosopher Joni Mitchell who said: “Don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone”?
3. Did John Terry and a five-year-old child conspire to get Big Phil sacked. In their interview, Terry said: “I’m gonna say Mourinho is the best I’ve worked under.”
4. Roman Abramovich has friends! Off The Post reader Ben C spotted this quote from Guus Hiddink’s agent: “Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich would not make too many friends in Russia if he steals away Guus from the national team.”
5. How about Tony Adams for new Chelsea manager? Avram Grant takes over at Tottenham paving the way for Harry Redknapp’s return to Portsmouth. That would give ‘Arry roughly four months to moan about the squad he has inherited before reassembling Pompey’s FA Cup-winning squad over the summer.