1. There was a distinct lack of death or suffering at the San Siro.
2. There was also a distinct lack of goals – Manchester United deserved at least on away goal to bring back to Old Trafford with them.
3. David Pleat still thinks that Arsenal have a well-worn phrase playing a left-back.
4. Nicklas Bendtner stinks (especially for Zekky). He last night demonstrated a first touch with all the delicacy of a sex offender and an eye for goal that Gary Neville would consider wayward.
5. Abou Diaby has a freakishly long tongue.
6. It was a goalkeeping super-clanger from Porto’s Helton to gift Diego Forlan a goal:
7. Juninho still knows how to strike a free-kick! You could say Victor Valdes got it all wrong, but he was just deceived by a fantastic delivery.
8. Strange scenes at the Emirates where Kolo Toure was booked for trying to enter the field of play when the referee started the second half with only nine Arsenal players on the pitch. You’re supposed to count them, mate!
9. And another strange booking at the San Siro. There can’t have been too many substitute goalkeepers booked for dissent in the Champions League, so take a bow Francesco Toldo.
10. Thierry Henry scored a vital late away goal for Barcelona at Lyon. Arsenal could have done with him to convert a couple of their many chances.