1. For the sake of the credibility of the Premier League and the Respect campaign, I hope the title is settled by more than three points. Mike Riley’s decision to send-off Frank Lampard would become even more controversial in those circumstances.
2. Congratulations to Edwin Van Der Sar for breaking the all-time league record for consecutive minutes played without conceding a goal. Quite an achievement.
3. Manchester United are grinding out the 1-0 victories in the sort of matches that their title rivals are drawing. They are looking like champions to me.
4. Quite why Kaka felt he didn’t want to join a side that loses against 10-men Stoke is a mystery.
5. I just knew Neville would captain his side to victory in the Manchester United-Everton match…
7. Football can be a cruel game. Harry Redknapp knew he was in for more criticism from Spurs fans at 2-0 down to Bolton. To claw back to 2-2 and still lose the game, that is harsh.
8. His replacement at Portsmouth is not enjoying life much more at the minute. Tony Adams is under even more pressure at Fratton Park after a 3-1 defeat to Fulham.
9. After the week they have had, Joe Kinnear and Newcastle will take a point from the Tyne-Wear derby.
10. Sir Alex Ferguson must have been rooting for Chelsea to keep Fernando Torres at bay for just another five minutes. A 0-0 draw at Anfield would have suited him perfectly.