Top 10 conclusions Champions League last 16 matches 10 March
2. Juande Ramos probably still hates England.
3. Chelsea have had a pretty lucky escape. They weren’t really worth their draw in Turin and it could easily be Juventus going through.
4. Despite Liverpool being by far the better team, Fernando Torres’ opener was clearly a foul on Pepe and the penalty which gave the Reds their second goal was never handball.
5. Congratulations to Sporting Lisbon for making Real Madrid’s scoreline look a bit more respectable. A 12-1 aggregate defeat is about as poor as it gets at this level.
6. Claudio Ranieri’s extra arm was not as important as Chelsea’s extra man.
7. Villarreal sneaked past Panathzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
8. Jay Spearing really is an ugly so-and-so.
9. Fantastic own goal from Anderson Polga which just about summed up Sporting’s night:
10. I hope Pepe Reina taught Iker Casillas to say: “I remember the days when I used to play behind a half-decent defence.”