2. Awful weekend for Middlesbrough safety officer Sue Watson. Two goals against Liverpool provided two legitimate opportunities for standing and/or chanting. Disgraceful.
3. Frank Lampard’s late winner was vital for Chelsea’s prospects. I can’t see them hauling back United, but they must be favourites to take second place on current form.
4. Perhaps a name change to ArseNil is in order. A fourth consecutive goalless draw for the Gunners this time against Fulham. You imagine the potential lack of Champions League football will wreak havoc with their carefully planned finances.
5. Martin O’Neill’s plan to field a weakened Uefa Cup team to guarantee victory against Stoke clearly worked wonders.
6. Stewart Downing is back in the kind of form that made Tottenham want to put him on their bench. He tore Liverpool apart all afternoon. Maybe he could now reproduce this sort of performance in an England shirt. Only kidding.
7. John Terry scored a lovely left-footed volley against Wigan. That will be an extra £20 million Manchester City will have to pay now!
8. Manchester City’s performance was once again enough to test the patience of a Sheikh.
9. Nabil El Zhar and David N’Gog are not going to win you Premier League titles.
10. John Carew’s goal was sweet: