1. What an incredible match. More twists and turns than Didier Drogba jogging to the touchline to be substituted!
2. That was not a great advert for Premier League goalkeeping (or defending).
3. It was a nice gesture for Chelsea to give their ballboys the last ten minutes off after all that hard work.
4. Steven Gerrard was about as effectual in the stands as he was in Michael Essien’s pocket in the first leg.
5. The fact that Petr Cech was very nearly wearing Liverpool colours might explain some of his decision making.
6. Cheekiest goal of the season award is already sewn-up by Fabio Aurelio’s free-kick.
7. It could have all been so very different if Pepe Reina hadn’t dropped that uncharacteristic howler. Really took the wind out of Liverpool’s sails.
8. Liverpool had left themselves too much to do. If the margin from the first leg had been any closer I think they would have seen this through.
9. It was too much to ask Frank Lampard to score two goals and resist a good old badge kiss. That poor lion could well be expecting his baby by now.
10. We told you the ‘Spirit of Istanbul’ thing would get annoying!