Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 18-19 April
2. With three of the Big Four in FA Cup action, the weekend was dominated by relegation talk.
3. At home to Fulham is the sort of game you ought to be winning if you want to stay up, Middlesbrough.
4. Liam Lawrence and James Beattie are big geeks. Shoot ’em up video game goal celebrations indeed.
5. Granted, football folk might not be the sharpest, but how can it possibly get to a few minutes before kick-off before someone realises that Aston Villa’s claret and blue might clash with West Ham’s blue and claret?
6. Glen Johnson is a defender for a reason. He should have had a hatful against Portsmouth.
7. Robinho’s goal was beautiful. As usual for anything good to report from Man City, Stephen Ireland was at the heart of it.
8. That was a massive win for Sunderland to leapfrog Hull and get a bit of distance between themselves and the drop zone.
9. Only West Brom can fight back from 2-0 down, get back on level terms, and the scoresheet still show that they got thrashed over 90 minutes.
10. Stoke are actually going to stay up! Mind-boggling stuff.