Off The Post’s Top 10 highlights of the 2008/09 Premier League season
So the Premier League is done and dusted for another season. It’s been emotional. Here are some of OTP’s favourite moments of 08/09.
Mike Riley sends off Frank Lampard (Spongebob edition)
1. Getting banned from sponsoring poor West Brom
We tried to help out the poor plain-shirted Baggies, but the authorities were having none of it!
2. Rafa’s rant
One press conference that came to define a season. And that’s a fact.
3. Alan Pardew’s rape tackle
It doesn’t stop being hilarious. Absolutely rapes him.
4. The Harry Redknapp press conference flow chart
Did you know they only had two points when he took over?
6. Chelsea selling Robinho shirts
That whole transfer deadline period was an absolute delight, but this was the pinnacle.
7. Joe Kinnear’s foul-mouthed rant at journalists
JFK, as he was to become, took over at Newcastle and instantly turned the black-and-white air blue.
8. Phil Brown’s on-the-pitch team-talk
Unique, bizarre and embarrassing in equal measures.
And there’s many more we had to leave out (and probably even more that we have forgotten). Any personal highlights?