1. Congratulations to Manchester United. Over the course of a 38-game league season the best team usually triumphs and that is certainly true on this occasion.
2. West Brom will be tearing the Championship apart next season. They were found lacking in either the quality to play the football they wanted to play against Premier League opposition or the nous/bullying tactics to survive by other means.
3. Hull will be licking their lips at the prospect of having their fate in their own hands again as they face what is likely to be Manchester United’s Carling Cup side on the final day of the season.
4. The only consolation Newcastle can take going into the final match is that they face an Aston Villa side currently incapable of beating Middlesbrough.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo would have been better not attempting to second guess the lyrics to Glory Glory Man United.
6. West Brom’s task of overturning a two goal deficit in five minutes would have been made considerably easier if Xabi Alonso hadn’t intervened in time and Jamie Carragher and Alvaro Arbeloa had knocked seven bells out of each other!
7. Florent Malouda’s cone-head gives him magical heading powers.
8. Shelton Martis can’t really take the blame for West Brom’s relegation, but giving Steven Gerrard a clear run on goal in a game you need to win is not really very bright.
9. Is that the first time a tactical change by a manager has been booed on the day his side won the league? Must be a pretty rare event in any case!
10. Liverpool fans will be disappointed to note that Gary Neville came through the trophy presentation without so much as a singe!