1. Cristiano Ronaldo is a big baby. OK, that is probably not a startling conclusion but yesterday was special even by his standards. I don’t think Fergie would have taken that from any of his previous stars. We will find out whether he has mellowed.
2. If Arsenal v Chelsea was the losers final, then the Gunners are emphatically the losers’ losers.
3. Fulham must be wishing the season was a bit longer because, despite mathematically having European qualification sewn-up, Aston Villa and Everton seem to be hoping that if they drop enough points they will somehow be excluded from the Europa League.
4. Hull are looking like they are in it up to their necks. A win for Newcastle or a big win for Middlesbrough tonight will see them move into the relegation zone… and they have still got to face Man Yoo on the final day of the season.
5. I presume Gianfranco Zola will be giving David Di Michele extra training in one-on-ones (or least in diving) this week. Arsene Wenger might consider the same sort of treatment for Emmanuel Adebayor. How he avoided a booking, I don’t know.
6. Robert Green can feel aggrieved to have conceded two goals from rebounds of shots that he had already saved, including a Steven Gerrard penalty.
7. I didn’t have the KC Stadium down as the home of the pretty goals this weekend, but Liam Lawrence’s strike for Stoke and Andy Dawson’s free-kick for Hull were among the best.
8. Listening to John Motson, it sounds like Diomansy Kamara has had his name reconstructed at the same time as his knee. Or has he always been Diomanski? Anyway, good to see him back to what he does best: cruelly lulling his club’s supporters into thinking they have a new goalscoring hero.
9. Dean Kiely will become a West Brom legend if the Baggies do manage to stay up. His performance earned them three points against Wigan. It makes you wonder how Scott Carson ever got a sniff of the keeper’s jersey! He is also a bit of a joker.
10. Fergie wants to keep Carlos Tevez. Normally a player wouldn’t be anywhere near the first-team after such an outburst, but the Argentinian played well and grabbed a goal.