1. As we concluded after the Kazakhstan game, with all the problems of knackered players and bulging fixture lists (and the prospect of next season being extremely long for the top players) it is not really necessary for us to be discovering in the middle of June that, in fact, England are better than Andorra.
2. England fans are capable of travelling without using the Tube, contrary to the pre-match headlines.
3. England C would probably give Andorra a decent game, so that is probably something to consider for next time.
4. Glen Johnson is now an absolute certain England starter. His involvement in so many of England’s goals last night shows what he offers going forward from full-back.
5. The hype is starting to kick into overdrive again as qualification gets closer. Yes, Fabio Capello has got the team playing better football, but the victory in Croatia is the only match so far that England might have settled for less than three points. It is not the strongest of groups and it is only a couple of months since Spain ripped us apart. So no talk of winning World Cups please.