Top six conclusions on the new fixture list
The laptop has spoken
1. Newcastle and West Brom get to play Premier League for one more week. That will be nice for them!
2. It is a baptism of fire for Birmingham. They will be hoping an opening day tonking by Manchester United doesn’t set the tone for the season.
3. Chelsea v Liverpool at Anfield on 1 May is already looking like a massive game.
4. Arsenal don’t play another Big Four team after 9 February. I was going to conclude that if they are doing well at that stage they will be in a good position for a title challenge, but they will probably lose to Sunderland, Stoke, Burnley and Hull after that!
5. Everton fans, you can feel hard done by. Sunderland is not exactly the geographically closest club to play on Boxing Day.
6. Most of them will change when Sky get their hands on it anyway!