Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 15-16 August
1. Arsene Wenger definitely saw that!
2. Some beautiful goals to ring in the new season. Take a bow Hugo Rodallega, Denilson, Didier Drogba and Mark Noble.
3. Didier Drogba’s last-gasp winner for Chelsea against Hull put paid to any musings on whether Stephen Hunt likes kicking Chelsea when they are down…
4. Sam Allardyce’s electric handshake buzzer routine never gets old.
5. If the new boys were under any illusions about the task ahead then they won’t be anymore. Defeats all round for Wolves, Birmingham and Burnley.
6. Then again Burnley have Everton next weekend, which looks to be a gift on yesterday’s form.
7. Tottenham had the chant of the weekend: “you’re supposed to be in jail”. Poor old Stevie G.
8. Hugo Rodallega’s finishing is better than his dancing.
9. Joleon Lescott ought to be able to defend a long ball over the top even if Florentino Perez was dry-humping him as the ball was played, so Manchester City’s interest is not an excuse. More on this later.
10. Forget the summer signings, Shay Given will be the man behind any success Manchester City have this season.