1. Everton must be getting to the stage now where they would consider paying Joleon Lescott to leave and get back to some sort of normality.
2. Another convincing Arsenal win seems to have announced their return as a major title race contender. Roll on next week when we see how they cope with the reigning champions.
3. Emmanuel Adebayor vs Michael Mancienne was like a little girl trying to play kiss-chase with her big brother’s mate.
4. Burnley won’t mind at all if the Premier League’s big boys keep missing penalties against them!
5. Sunderland v Blackburn was OK considering you couldn’t even give tickets away for it. Just ask Umbro…
6. Michael Owen is still capable of scoring Premier League goal after all. Fergie will now be looking for him to get a bit more ruthless.
7. Carlton Cole and Jermain Defoe are destined to be a great strikeforce for England: they even set-up goals for each other when they are on opposing teams!
8. In Jozy Altidore and Kamel Ghilas, Hull seem to have a couple of players who can actually remember how to win home matches.
9. Portsmouth, Portsmouth, Portsmouth. It’s not looking good, is it? Perhaps Paul Hart can take, erm, heart from table-topping Tottenham’s appalling start last season. Then again, that was resolved by a change of manager.
10. I’ll try not to conclude this every week but Shay Given is without doubt Mark Hughes’ shrewdest purchase. The Republic of Ireland international is earning points with his brilliant saves while the rest of the team continues to find its feet.