1. Age and experience does not increase penalty-taking prowess. Just ask Ryan Giggs.
2. Or maybe being left-footed is the problem. Just ask Ryan Giggs and Patrice Evra.
3. Sir Alex Ferguson blowing a fuse with a referee: the new season truly is upon us, folks! It’s like he has never been away.
4. Since it’s very early in the season to be handing over cheques to the FA, we suggest Fergie directs his anger towards Fris Choy. Choy did make a couple of dodgy decisions.
5. Looks like United have another Portuguese winger willing to weigh in with the goals in Cristiano Ronaldo’s absence. Nani has just been keeping it a secret so far in his United career.
6. Ben Foster will have to cut out those errors if he is hoping to show Fabio Capello that he is the man to stick between the sticks in South Africa.
7. Chelsea look more resilient than they have for a while. Blues fans will no doubt be encouraged by what they saw.
8. Expect this to be the season of Wayne Rooney. OTP reckons that last-minute equaliser was a sign of things to come from a more central Wazza.
9. Carlo Ancelotti’s record in English football is currently very impressive: 100 per cent win record and one game, one trophy.
10. Michael Ballack was only getting revenge on behalf of the Chelsea groundstaff when he assaulted Evra. How was he to know it would result in a goal?