Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 12-13 September
1. Emmanuel Adebayor certainly got his own back for any perceived treatment he received from the Arsenal faithful. You’ll have to ask him whether victory, scoring a goal, celebrating in front of Arsenal’s fans, making a goal-line clearance or raking Robin Van Persie’s face was most rewarding.
2. After all the talk of which of the ‘100 per cent-ers’ might be able to break into Big Four this season, it looks like Manchester City are better equipped than Spurs over the course of a long season.
3. I think Arsenal fans were more annoyed that they never saw Adebayor sprint that fast in his time at the Emirates than anything else.
4. Defeat to Manchester United and now a heavy loss at Manchester City against a team that (Adebayor aside) wasn’t interested in kicking them off the park will send Arsenal back to the drawing board as far as their ambitions for the season.
5. If Manchester United are not as good as last season they would probably settle for beating previously unbeaten sides 1-3 with 10 men.
6. Congratulations to Stoke for their rendition of ‘You’re not signing anymore’ towards transfer-banned Chelsea. I’m it sure it won’t be the last version of that we hear this season.
7. Just like their opening day victory over Hull, Chelsea might just be thankful for the extra two points gained with their last-minute win at Stoke.
8. At the risk of going all Alan Hansen, Hull’s defending was diabolical. Sunderland’s third goal (3mins 30secs) was comedy gold. Check out the foolproof offside trap courtesy of Kamil Zayatte and the in-game shuttle run from Ibrahima Sonko.
9. Paul Scholes cannot tackle and never will be able to tackle. Surely he should have learnt by now that when he goes to ground bad things happen.
10. Fair play to Gary Lineker for swiftly knocking Alan Shearer off his high horse as he prepared to criticise Emmanuel Adebayor…
AS: We’ve all scored goals in the heat of the moment…
GL: And kicked people in the head occasionally.
And a little visual reminder from us: