1. 4-3: the internationally recognised hallmark of a Premier League corker.
2. Michael Owen has now proved he was worth every penny of his free transfer.
3. Millions of pounds can buy you a new squad of players, but it can’t buy you control of Sir Alex’s special Old Trafford timekeeping clock. I’m kidding, of course. MOTD and others have shown that the amount of additional injury time played was almost exactly the same as it should have been.
4. Thomas Vermaelen hasn’t always had a striker’s goal return. He managed around a goal every ten games for Ajax but he already has four in eight for Arsenal, including his beautiful second against Wigan. An unexpected bonus for Arsene Wenger.
5. We already knew Emmanuel Eboue was not Diego Maradona on many levels. Now we know he can’t even handball as well as him.
6. When you’ve already got two centre-backs out, you don’t really want to be relying on the fitness of Ledley King. Losing Sebastian Bassong was an extra blow for Spurs. As I concluded last week, they are still not at a level to compete with the big boys over the course of a long season.
7. Didier Drogba puts in another outstanding performance, powers through defenders all day, and then injures himself with the ball. It’s a funny old game.
8. David Nugent can score Premier League goals after all. You just have to keep him away from the sea air.
9. “Robbie Keane. Ooooh, was he taken from behind?” Good work, Motty.
10. If Burnley keep winning matches at home it is going to be very difficult for them to get relegated.