1. Chelsea are beatable after all.
2. And Wigan are capable of beating one of the Big Four after all. I don’t think too many people would have backed them to break their 34 game duck against Carlo Ancelotti’s unbeaten side.
3. One little slip and suddenly Manchester United are top again. You’ll have to watch them, Carlo. They’re sneaky like that.
4. It was the weekend of the hat-trick. Fernando Torres’ three goals just about topped Robbie Keane’s four.
5. Congratulations to newly appointed Merseyside home security consultant Gary Lineker, who responded to the news that Fernando Torres was looking forward to getting his signed matchball back to his house with: “Oh, I hope it’s safe there.”
6. Everton’s pink stripy kit looks just as bad on the pitch as we expected.
7. Arsene Wenger (and Arsenal fans) can take some satisfaction from the Gunners’ scrappy win over Fulham – precisely the game they might have dropped points in last season.
8. People ought to be careful. Portsmouth could develop a complex if people keep calling them pointless.
9. Alex McLeish is like a 21st century Baz Luhrmann. Well done, sir.
10. It’s about time Sir Alex Ferguson realised that Ryan Giggs bloke is well past his sell-by date.