Top 10 conclusions 31 October – 1 November
1. Congratulations to Robert Green, who went fishing on Saturday afternoon and caught a Kieran Richardson.
2. Rafa Benitez’s chances of getting the Right Guard contract have gone. Now that is a man under pressure.
3. With nine red cards this was officially the dirtiest weekend in Premier League history. Although looking at some of them…
4. Mike Jones is quite possibly the worst top flight referee. Either that or he is hopelessly out of form at the minute. And we mean hopeless.
5. Tottenham’s players got taught a very basic lesson by Mark Clattenburg: play to whistle. Harry Redknapp might like to concentrate on not picking the ball up with your hands and not passing across the penalty area in training this week.
6. “Nine-man” Liverpool is a bit of a, erm, Kop out. Fulham were already in the lead before the first red card was shown.
7. Just like last week, there were a couple of two-goal leads that were let slip. Bow your heads in shame, Stoke and West Ham.
8. Jody Craddock would not have been OTP’s pick to be this week’s goalscoring hero.
9. Bolton will be glad to see the back of last week. Two games against Chelsea, eight goals conceded, no goals scored.
10. Portsmouth will be hoping they have turned over a new leaf after reinventing themselves into a goal machine.