1. It was a great weekend for the Premier League. It is always good for the big boys to be taken down a peg or two and for the other teams to sense they are still within reach.
2. Arsene Wenger seemed to conclude that too. A draw for Chelsea, defeat for Man Utd and victory over Liverpool for Arsenal left the Gunners boss with a glint in his eye and a spring in his step.
3. Hilarious scenes as Sir Alex Ferguson bemoaned a meagre three minutes of injury time at Old Trafford. If it’s any consolation your team didn’t look like they would score with an extra 10 minutes, Fergie.
4. Wayne Rooney is obviously miffed that Tom Daley was ahead of him in the nominations for BBC Sports Personality of the Year and decided to try some of his tactics.
5. But with Steven Gerrard’s penalty claim turned down and Craig Bellamy wrongly sent-off for simulation, there were some dodgy diving decisions about this weekend.
6. Younes Kaboul has got the stupidest celebration of the season title wrapped up. He must have felt compelled to remove his shirt in a way that normally only affects obese Newcastle fans.
7. Everton minus Louis Saha = pretty hopeless. Everton with Louis Saha = very good side.
8. And Saha knows first hand that football is a funny old game. He has a half-decent header at goal that finds the net but it goes down as a Petr Cech own goal. Then the ball gets headed against his back and he finally get his goal despite knowing nothing about it.
9. Maynor Figueroa is a switched on chap.
10. I wish Rafa Benitez could get those beads of sweat under control. It makes me nervous.
Video spotted on 101GG