Proof footballers should let their feet do the talking
1. “Liverpool are crumbling like a deck of cards.”
Tony Cascarino hasn’t been impressed with the facilities on the poker circuit.
2. “We tried to play our way back into the game – maybe too much too little in the end.”
It was a feast and a famine for Phil Brown at the Emirates.
3. “The saddest thing for him is he won’t get a job with millions of millions of pounds.”
Filled with the Christmas spirit, Chris Kamara was beside himself with emotion at Mark Hughes’ sacking.
4. “To win the group gives you a huge advantage. For a start, you get your away legs at home.”
David Platt broke first news of UEFA’s controversial plans for the Champions League last 16.
5. “I’ve been pleasantly pleased with how it’s going.”
After Dean Ashton’s “tragic tragedy” last week, there were happier times for Alan Shearer at half-time in Newcastle-Boro.
Loads more quotes of the week at dangerhere.com