1. Leeds’ victory should be dedicated to all the pompous pundits who got on their soapboxes to claim the FA Cup was dead on Saturday evening. That includes you, Mr Collymore.
2. Sir Alex Ferguson is either a very sore loser or must have thought the BBC still had the FA Cup rights!
3. Portsmouth might have been disappointed with a draw against Coventry, but considering their players haven’t been paid for over a month they arguably offered the best value for money.
4. Don’t make Ian Holloway angry. You won’t like him when he’s angry… because he’ll be naked.
5. Robert Earnshaw will probably be adapting his penalty run-up in future.
6. Preston and Bolton will probably now swear by sacking your manager just before third round weekend.
7. Rory Delap must have been delighted to find himself against a level of opposition that haven’t worked out how to defend his throws yet.
8. El-Hadji Diouf is as mad as ever.
9. Another blow for U2’s powers. Bono is yet to save the world and Adam Clayton gave Everton a one-goal headstart against Carlisle with his poor backpass.
10. Congratulations to Iain Dowie, who became the first commentator to use the phrase “gay abandon” during a football commentary during the Manchester United v Leeds United match.