Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 16-17 January
1. Liverpool fans can be reassured by the vast improvement from defeat against Reading to drawing at Stoke.
2. And they can be pleased that all the other candidates for fourth place decided to quit winning too.
3. Roberto Mancini can ditch the scarf now. Its luck has obviously run out.
4. Hmm… were Chelsea in Seventh Heaven or the Magnificent Seven? It’s so hard to decide.
5. Glyn Oliver Myhill put in one of the best goalkeeping displays of the season.
6. Wolves v Wigan: home of the ridiculously stupid second bookable offence.
7. Owen Coyle probably isn’t God.
8. Brian Laws probably isn’t Owen Coyle.
9. There is something infuriating about seeing the name Diouf on the scoresheet, even if it isn’t El-Hadji who has scored the goal.
10. Ashley Cole seemed like an unlikely source of the goal of the weekend. A return to his attacking threat would be welcome for Don Fabio.