Top 10 conclusions weekend 23-24 January
1. If Arsene Wenger thought playing a pensionable central defensive partnership would provide the experience to deal with Rory Delap’s long-throw, he thought wrong.
2. 2010 is turning out to be the FA Cup year of Jermaine Beckford. More fantastic entertainment from Leeds.
3. Having said that, since the Premier League’s elite seem content to capitulate at the earliest opportunity I suspect it might ultimately be Chelsea’s year.
4. John Utaka’s decision to prove he was worth anywhere near his reported £80,000 a week wages was timely.
5. Robinho on the scoresheet in an away match? He should definitely bow out while he is ahead.
6. We always said Wayne Rooney would score more frequently if he got good supply from
7. Reading march on leaving more Premier League opposition in their wake, though even they will note that beating Burnley at home is not a feat comparable with defeating Liverpool.
8. Rory Delap’s throw-ins take long enough without the ball girl getting flirty and pulling his towel away when he tries to take it off her.
9. Five or six minutes of injury time is becoming a pretty standard figure. I don’t know whether to blame Ferguson, Scudamore or Murdoch, but there is definitely a conspiracy afoot!
10. Since reading the I hate football rant, Jermaine Beckford’s neck tattoos have become more annoying for some reason.