Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 30-31 January
1. Considering Arsene Wenger is generally acknowledged as a cerebral manager, he is probably wondering how he managed to fall for the same trick twice. Take a bow, Fergie.
2. Money can buy happiness. Just conduct a quick poll of Manchester City and Portsmouth fans/players after yesterday’s clash.
3. It was almost a given that John Terry’s scoring would make headlines this weekend.
4. Tim Cahill’s pogo stick legs never cease to amaze.
5. Peter Crouch really lived up to his name for Tottenham’s goal against Birmingham.
6. Wolves transfer target Stephen Hunt kept his loyalties split by setting up a Wolves goal and scoring for Hull.
7. At this stage, I can’t see a time when the Wayne Rooney getting good service from a Nani gag gets old.
8. Gabriel Agbonlahor has been spending too long with big bad John Carew: bullying poor little Chris Smalling and Brede Hangeland like that.
9. Any Emmanuel Adebayor related conclusions end up sounding in very poor taste, so you can draw your own.
10. Congratulations to Rooney on his 100th Premier League. Let’s hope his current run of form extends to the summer.