1. Nicklas Bendtner and Mame Biram Diouf could potentially form the country’s most lethal strike partnership.
2. The timing of FIFA’s decision to reject goal-line technology yet again was absolutely impeccable. Just ask David James.
3. If BBC 6 Music and Asian Network are getting scrapped to save the Beeb money, surely the Portsmouth fan club subscriptions fees should be given up too.
4. United: largely uninspiring, barely the better team, but three points. Sounds familiar.
5. Half-time team talk of the week award goes to Martin O’Neill.
6. Theo Walcott is a world-beater again. It’s been a fickle week in a fickle football world.
7. Perhaps John Terry should think about hiring Max Clifford. He could do with someone to tell him that all these stupid gestures only create more headlines.
8. Congratulations to Paul Scholes on his 100th goal. Predictably he reached the same milestone for mistimed tackles long before the Wolves match!
9. For someone who is not a West Ham fan, I have an irrational love of Alessandro Diamanti. He could become a great Premier League entertainer if the Hammers hold onto him.
10. Lovely to see Mikel Arteta dedicating a goal to his first-born, but it had been so long coming that a key-to-the-door celebration might have been more appropriate than rock-the-cradle.