Top 10 conclusions FA Cup semi-final and Premier League weekend 10-11
1. Whoever pitch the FA Cup Semi-Final On Ice idea to the ITV executives really made an error of judgement.
2. A point away at Blackburn might not be everyone’s idea of a disaster, but that probably rounds off a week from hell for Sir Alex Ferguson.
3. Portsmouth should sign Juninho on a short-term deal. He knows how to handle Premier League relegation followed by an FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea.
4. Many people argue that hiring consultants to do a job that could have been done in-house is a waste of money. Hull fans are probably among them now. Football management consultant Iain Dowie has steered the club to a series of results that even Phil Brown would have been unhappy with.
5. Congratulations to West Ham’s Ilan – one of very few Premier League imports to back-up cocky public demands for first-team football with vital goals when given the opportunity.
6. Greedy Manchester City seemingly bought up the Premier League’s goal quota for Sunday.
7. Jamie O’Hara might be the happiest player ever to watch his club slip to an FA Cup semi-final defeat.
8. You wait all season for a Burnley away win, and then they manage a thrashing. Their supporters would probably have been happier with a few 0-1 results.
9. Harry Redknapp will probably be swooping for Kevin Prince Boateng in the summer. Maybe in a swap deal for Peter Crouch and Niko Kranjcar.
10. If Chelsea lose the league from here, Mr Abramovich might just be on the look out for yet another manager.