Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 17-18 April
1. The title race that is going down to the wire, then is all over, then is going down to the wire, then is all over, is going down to the wire again.
2. But it isn’t going down to the wire for Arsenal after their sucker punch from Wigan.
3. The Paul Scholes, He Scores Goals chant rings a little truer this week.
4. Quite fitting that the Sunday papers were full of rumours linking Arsenal with various goalkeepers. It is doubtful that Arsene Wenger saw anything to deter him from his targets yesterday.
5. Manchester City suffered the injury time blues again courtesy of the Red Devils. They must dread the fourth official’s board going up.
6. Great weekend for the N’z brigade: N’Zogbia and N’Zonzi both scored belters.
7. John Terry continues to pay the price of spurning Phil Dowd’s advances.
8. David James did himself no harm at all with Fabio Capello watching his performance against Aston Villa.
9. The race for fourth place is nearly as topsy turvy at the title race. You never know what to expect next from Tottenham, Man City or Aston Villa.
10. Dave Whelan probably had to join his team for an ice bath and massage after his celebration exploits!