Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 3-4 April
1. Your 30-goal striker is more use on the bench than in the stands.
2. Fergie and Mike Phelan were both infuriated by the incompetency of the officials in allowing Didier Drogba’s offside goal. No mention of Federico Macheda’s handball goal though…
3. And a year to the day after Macheda’s late winner against Aston Villa, it was Arsenal who were grinding out a key victory with an injury time goal.
4. Given Darren Bent’s two goals against Spurs, perhaps Sandra Redknapp should have been the first name on ‘Arry’s team sheet.
5. Then again, Bent did miss two penalties. Perhaps the Tottenham manager was right all along.
6. Fair play to Burnley’s coaching staff: begging the referee to abandon with game against Manchester City because of a waterlogged pitch was their best chance of maintaining some pride.
7. OTP would have to question the wisdom of Hull’s Football Management Consultant, Iain Dowie, casting a critical eye over relegation rivals West Ham as a Sky Sports pundit. Seems like he is asking for trouble.
8. Even Steven Gerrard is baffled by Rafa Benitez’s decisions.
9. Mido should not be allowed on the pitch for a team in danger of relegation. It’s like giving the fastest horse the biggest handicap. And he definitely shouldn’t be taking penalties.
10. Joe Cole is not taking anything for granted: “If I am playing regularly for the champions… sorry, fighting to be champions and I’m playing regularly I will have every chance [of playing at the World Cup].”