1. Since their fans are so accustomed to seeing them score seven goals, it is probably just as well Chelsea went one better to wrap up the title.
2. Fergie was probably had 9 May pencilled in his diary as a day to pinch records from Liverpool. Instead Chelsea nicked his Premier League goalscoring record (well, his United team). 103 for the season – not bad going.
3. And Didier Drogba tops the goalscoring charts but still can’t resist a childish sulk when regular penalty-taker Frank Lampard dared to score a spot-kick against 10-man Wigan.
4. If Burnley had shown a bit more form away from home they could have been playing in Europe next season. They’ve beaten most of the Champions League qualifiers now!
5. A 0-0 draw at hopeless Hull: the perfect epitaph for Liverpool’s season of underachievement.
6. Fulham and Portsmouth both prepared for their forthcoming cup finals in style.
7. Hopefully the nation’s commentators will be able to reflect that their great over-excitement at Wayne Rooney “rubbing his groin” was a bit over the top.
8. Footballers are stupid: Sunderland had nothing to play for and still managed to get two men sent-off.
9. Mark Schwarzer picked the worst possible stadium to try to blame a bobble for his goalkeeping howler.
10. There cannot have been a previous Premier League season that ended with quite so many managers at both ends of the table facing very uncertain futures.