1. That was absolutely atrocious. Venting your anger might help, but it was so poor that I’m struggling to find the enthusiasm to remind you all how bad it was.
2. A heartbreaking penalty shootout defeat would have been absolute heaven, it really would.
3. Surely Sepp Blatter must be sparked into life by embarrassment by Frank Lampard’s non-goal. This was one of the biggest matches of the tournament and a really obvious goal was missed as a result of there being no goal-line technology.
4. Having said that, this might have been the end of England’s tournament but you would like to think it will be the last we will see of referee Larrionda too. How did he not see that cross the line?
5. All the things we hoped would come together in a big match didn’t because there were fundamental flaws in the way the team was set-up and the way it was playing.
6. Bastian Schweinsteiger’s injury problems might be the best thing that ever happened to him. He look like he would be wasted on the wing these days and totally ran the show today.
7. I wish I conclude what was wrong with Wayne Rooney, but that sadly remains a mystery for now. Hopefully we will find out before too long why he was so far below par.
8. The biggest surprise of this whole disaster has been Fabio Capello’s misplaced loyalty. Why stick with Matthew Upson just because he played in a victory over Slovenia? It could have all been different with Ledley King back and John Terry in his preferred left centre-back slot.
9. The big winner – Germany aside – is Howard Webb. Expect him to get some plum ties with England out of his way.
10. Perhaps we should just promote our successful under 17s side and give them a few years to get it right. They certainly couldn’t do any worse than the current lot.
Video via 101GG