Top five conclusions: Brazil 2-1 North Korea
1. Insular communist states can produce a well-organised, effective football team. On the evidence of their match earlier, Portugal and Ivory Coast both have cause for concern.
2. Brazil look beatable, but their two goals were both moments of pure class.
3. Protractors are not issued to Brazilian full-backs at school. That is the only explanation for why Roberto Carlos and now Maicon fire shots from angles that would have most maths teachers tutting in disgust.
4. North Korean state television will probably be able to edit that into a gritty 0-1 win. Score.
5. Brazil may have been below par, but since that was one of the most entertaining games so far we will settle for that.
Video via 101GG