1. Slovakia have been really poor in their two games. And they topped Slovenia’s group in qualification. Nuff said.
2. Paraguay, like Chile, Uruguay and the South American teams that go without saying, are very watchable.
3. Wigan seem to have made a very good signing in Antolín Alcaraz. On the scoresheet against Italy and now very solid defensively against Slovakia.
4. There may have been four bookings but that was one of the easiest going referees at the tournament so far. He let some strange things go.
5. Loads of empty seats again, and not just tucked away on row Z but dead centre, bottom tier.
Video via 101GG