1. Football truly is a funny old game. I don’t think any of us saw that one coming.
2. The greatest sporting competition on earth and the goal that defeats the favourites would have made most Sunday League goals look classy.
3. Spain’s fitness issues look to have hit them hard. Too many players looking off the pace.
4. England aren’t the only one who might be considering ditching their keeper after the first match. Out-of-form Iker Casillas barely had a save to make and he still ended up conceding a goal.
5. You have to give a huge amount of credit to Switzerland who have succeeded where a lot of other teams failed purely by being very organised, very disciplined and working very hard.
Video via 101GG