1. Sometimes the good guys do win. Or at least the attacking, exciting, don’t-want-10-behind-the-ball guys.
2. Barcelona will be delighted they signed David Villa before his value doubled after the tournament.
3. Cheating Spaniards, putting a tall striker on who can’t be bullied. That is not allowed.
4. A healthy dose of karma for Cristiano Ronaldo. The referee obviously felt he was the Little Boy Who Cried Foul and gave him absolutely nothing all match.
5. Carlos Queiroz is a liar. See if you recognise Portugal’s tactics against Spain from his pre-match comments: “It’s going to be extremely difficult for both teams. Our style of football, though, is somewhat similar and I believe it will be a quick game with a lot of creativity, a lot of great moves. I expect a great, great show of football.
“We want to win this game from the very first minute. We don’t know if the game will be 90 minutes or 120 minutes or penalties. All that counts is that we move forward and score.
“My idea in a game of this nature is that we must take some risks. Our passing must be decisive if we want to win. We must also defend well and attack well. But if my squad wants to stay in the World Cup they must always be on the attack.”