1. It’s just as well Blackpool got a head start with their goal difference last week.
2. We will stand by last week’s conclusion that the Wigan-Blackpool result told us more about the state of the Latics than anything else. They were really poor again.
3. The headline writers will have to come up with something more original than ‘The joy of six’ if we get too many more 6-0 results.
4. Gareth Bale’s two goals against Stoke could not have come from further along either side of the goalscoring spectrum.
5. False dawns were a recurring theme. Aston Villa fans can join Blackpool in wondering whether last week was as good as it is going to get. Manchester United too?
6. The pundits wondering whether Andy Carroll would be able to score at Premier League level got three very good answers.
7. Theo Walcott was also busy trying to prove his doubters wrong. He gave arguably his finest performance in an Arsenal shirt, albeit against 10-man Blackpool.
8. More goal-line controversy. This time Stoke can feel cheated out of a point. It has got to come in, Mr Blatter.
9. Manchester United obviously don’t like Craven Cottage very much.
10. Farewell, Joey Barton’s comedy moustache. It blew off the breeze at St James’s Park yesterday.