1. It’s just not a transfer deadline day without Robinho going somewhere, is it?
2. At least one Premier League outfit took our advice. Well done, Sunderland.
3. Roy Hodgson seems to be putting the final pieces of the jigsaw in place to consolidate a mid-table finish for Liverpool.
4. Just over a year after we got the scoop on him sneaking off to Spain, Jermaine Pennant is back in England. That went well then.
5. Cliftonville and Northern Ireland under-21 striker Liam Boyce will be delighted his move to Bundesliga 2 side SpVgg Greuther fell through on Friday. He got a move to Werder Bremen today instead.
6. Salif Diao is like a Premier League cat – that’s five lives he has used up now and he’s still rubbish.
7. The traditional dumping of Premier League players in Turkey for a one-year, homesick spell has this year claimed Emiliano Insua and Joseph Yobo as its victims. Robbie Keane reportedly had a lucky escape.
8. Shrewdest move of the day? On name alone it has to be Wigan’s loan signing of Tom Cleverley from Manchester United.
9. You’ve got to love a sentimental transfer deadline day move and Blackpool promotion hero DJ Campbell says he has “unfinished business” after his permanent move to Bloomfield Road.
10. As we write, rumours abound that Rafael Van Der Vaart has completed a move to Spurs, probably on loan initially. And people reckon ‘Arry’s a wheeler dealer? Tut, tut.