Six points from six for Fab Cap’s boys
1. It was all about Wayne Rooney in the end. Predictably. Oh well, if that’s what it takes to get him to score for England, keep digging NoTW.
2. OTP has reason to suspect that Manchester City might be launching a hostile takeover of the England team. Six players they had on the pitch at the end of the match.
3. And leading the takeover is Adam Johnson, who looks perfectly at home at international level (see conclusion number 10).
4. North London has been decimated by these internationals. Michael Dawson, Theo Walcott and possibly Jermain Defoe will all return in a large cardboard box marked ‘FRAGILE’.
5. Joe Hart filled David James’s shoes a bit too comfortably on a couple of occasions. It was Hart in mouth stuff as he flapped and spilt on a couple of occasions.
6. Xherdan Shaqiri strike was superb. He just Waka-Waka whacked it.
7. OTP is sure Fabio Capello’s centre-back pairing wasn’t deliberately picked to anger Everton fans.
8. That must be a relief for Darren Bent. As a striker, you don’t want to be heading towards double figures of caps without finding the net.
9. Well, we already used it on Peter Crouch but we have to roll out the obligatory ‘nice to see Wayne Rooney has found a cheaper way of scoring’.
10. After these two matches, Capello must now be thinking he got the borderline squad selection decisions wrong ahead of the World Cup.