1. There were certainly one or two Halloween frights for the Premier League elite, although most of the top teams ultimately ended up with treat rather than trick.
2. Manchester City are the notable exception. A fear that the opposition at Molineux were werewolves perhaps.
3. There was never any danger of Manchester United suffering a similar fate with referee Mark Clattenburg on hand. Hand being the operative word.
4. As if proof was needed that Manchester United get special treatment, how was Darren Fletcher allowed to say “bollocking” in his pre-recorded Match of the Day interview?
5. Chelsea gave Blackburn a look at how route one can look really stylish. Even Big Sam was impressed.
6. Both Blackburn and West Ham can feel hard done by, as they nearly grabbed at least a point each from a Big Four side.
7. Kevin Nolan won’t want Andy Carroll to move out of his house. Shacking up seems to have done wonders for the Newcastle skipper’s form.
8. The Premier League derbies could not have been more contrasting. The Birmingham derby was just what you would expect from a derby – tight, 0-0. The Tyne-Wear derby on the otherhand was a tad more open.
9. Fernando Torres looks dangerously close to playing himself into form.
10. Perhaps the most cathartic thing about Newcastle’s victory for the Toon Army was watching another side feel the pain of a Titus Bramble howler.