Top 10 conclusions Premier League 29 December
1. Manchester City’s owners will be sending a very nice hamper to ‘Lee Bowyer c/o BCFC, St Andrew’s’. Arguably the first time Bowyer’s struck a blow on behalf of a group of Asian gentlemen.
2. OTP is disappointed with Everton fans. We were promised that if Tony Hibbert scored they would riot. He scores a spectacular overhead kick and there was not so much as a pitch invasion.
3. Mario Balotelli is now scoring goals but still looking miserable as sin. Does that mean he gets to play or not?
4. Fulham’s South African cricket shirt kit appears to turn them into world-beaters and Chris Baird into Superman. Perhaps they should wear it at Craven Cottage more often.
5. Ian Holloway’s wife has obviously got the measure of Sunderland.
6. Wayne Rooney must be having nasty flashbacks of the Cristiano Ronaldo years: stuck out on the wing while someone else gets all the chances.
7. Everybody knows you don’t give Gareth Bale any space these days. Newcastle missed that official memo.
8. The Venky’s Group (and Blackburn’s chicken population) will be relieved to find out that Steve Kean is capable of managing a Premier League team to victory.
9. Nikola Kalinic had an eventful Bank Holiday Tuesday. He secured the above-mentioned win for Blackburn with two goals before getting himself sent-off.
10. No wonder Edwin Van Der Sar is retiring. As the photo above shows, his latest tactic is squealing in the general direction of the ball.