1. Only in the crazy world of Heurelho Gomes can you concede a ridiculous howler, give away the clumsiest penalty you will ever see, and still work off the pitch a hero!
2. Alan Pardew ought to be careful. Those are the kind of results that can get you sacked on Tyneside.
3. It looks like Manchester City have got a new striker waiting in the wings if Carlos Tevez does leave in January. Yaya Toure has had enough of sitting deep.
4. It’s good to see Mario Balotelli has been tamed and brought under the wing of his captain. Oh wait…
6. Blackpool should train on the beach more often if that is the sort of luck it brings!
7. Badge-kissing is so passé. DJ Campbell has invented badge-eating.
8. The award for most premature jubilant celebration of the week goes to Blackburn Rovers and Big Sam Allardyce.
9. Emile Heskey doesn’t score many headers for his height, and OTP would suggest the winner he scored against West Brom on Saturday was by no means a conscious decision.
10. Fulham might officially be the Premier League’s draw specialists after 10 of their 17 games so far this season finished all square, but for the sake of the Craven Cottage faithful we hope they can muster some more entertaining ties than their 0-0 with Sunderland.