FA ‘duly notes’ suggestion for golden goal from kick-off
If you have listened to this week’s OTP Podcast you will have heard the Pod team’s suggestions for reigniting the romance of the FA Cup. It is fair to say most of them came from the leftfield. The far side of the leftfield, over near that hedge.
Unperturbed, the Podcast boys got in touch with the powers-that-be at the FA to pitch their ideas. And it seems that the Soho Square blazers were not entirely unimpressed with some of the suggestions.
Just to recap, potential improvements touted included:
- Golden goal from kick-off to help teams who score first with their giantkilling.
- Getting Barry Davies to commentate on ALL FA Cup ties.
- A golden ball in the third round giving a bye to the semi-final.
- Only informing Premier League teams of their opposition on the morning of the match.
- Dimming the floodlights for more ambience.
The FA said: “The FA is always happy to hear from fans on the games hot topics and talking points and you have obviously given this some thought.
“We do very much appreciate the feedback you have provided as well as your ideas and please be assured that your comments have been duly noted.”
So, there you have it: watch out for the golden ball in the FA Cup third round draw later this year!
We’ve snipped that bit of the Podcast so you can listen just to the FA Cup discussion below: