With a top goalscorers theme…
1. Who was the top scorer in the first Premier League season?
2. Four of the top twelve all time PL top scorers still play in the Premier League. Name them?
3. What is strange about the top two scorers in the German, English, Spanish and French leagues?
4. Who was the Golden Boot winner when England won the World Cup in 1966?
5. How many goals did Gary Lineker score when he won the Golden Boot in 1986?
6. Since the turn of the millennium only one Englishman has been top scorer in the PL. Name him?
7. Who was the last top scorer in La Liga to be Spanish? (Clue: 2007/8 season)
8. Gary Lineker is England’s top World Cup goalscorer. Who are 2nd and 3rd on that list?
9. Three players shared the Golden Boot in the 1997/8 Premier League. Name two of them?
10. What is the name of the Dover Athletic player who is top scorer in this season’s FA Cup?
Name the top three PL scorers for the following teams:
11. Aston Villa
12. Nottingham Forest
13. Blackburn Rovers
15. Newcastle United
1. Teddy Sheringham
2. Michael Owen, Frank Lampard, Robbie Keane, Nicolas Anelka
3. None of them are German, Spanish, English or French
5. Six goals
6. Kevin Phillips
7. Daniel Guiza
8. Michael Owen and Bobby Charlton
9. Dion Dublin, Michael Owen and Chris Sutton
10. Adam Birchall
11. Dwight Yorke, Dion Dublin and Gabriel Agbonlahor
12. Bryan Roy, Stan Collymore and Stuart Pearce
13. Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton and Kevin Gallacher
14. Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
15. Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley and Andy Cole